Friday, March 26, 2010

What did you wish for as a kid?

As a child, I believed in fairies and monsters under the bed. When I saw this print on Rifle Paper Co., it reminded me of my vivid imagination as a child. I totally saw eyes in dark corners and wings on leaves. When I saw scary movies, they stuck with me for months, I couldn't handle vampires until college. They were just too scary! When I started thinking of scary things that go bump in the dark, I'd imagine myself in my favorite book of the moment. I had many imaginary friends that were characters from books and movies, Jo from Little WomenHaakon Haakonsen
 from Shipwrecked and most of the characters from Star Wars. The Flower Fairies
were ever present, just not seen.


When I was a child, I'd hope for silly things, like 
a pony. 
(This wish was completed!)

To be a Olympic equestrian.
To have curly blond hair and blue eyes, like Shirley Temple, or wavy red hair, like Anne of Green Gables. 
To be the smartest kid in class or the funniest.
To wear fancy dresses or a ball gown like Cinderella.
To play ball like Dottie and Kit in League of their Own
To meet a boy like Teddy from the Emily of New Moon series by L.M. Montgomery. (This wish came true too!)
To read anytime I wanted!!

What did you wish for as a kid?

P.S. I got this blog posting idea from Cupcakes and Cashmere!

No comments:

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    Blog Archive

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share