Sunday, March 28, 2010

Don't Rain On My Parade

Seattle was very rainy today. I don't mind running when it's sprinkling or even getting caught in heavier rain at the end of a run, but it's been pouring on and off all day. Instead of running, Mr. F and I ran errands. We finally got the snow tires off of our car (yes, we had snow tires thus, it never snowed this year!) We went to Trader Joe's. I took the car to the car wash and did laundry. At three this afternoon, I was thinking about running, but I decided to watch Funny Face instead of getting soaked! I am so surprised I had never seen Funny Face. The Glee finale made me want to see the original "Don't Rain on My Parade". I enjoyed it so much, I wanted to share with you all! 

My favorite part is two minutes and twenty seconds into this clip, where Fanny Brice is singing her heart out on the tugboat passing the Statue of Liberty! (It even makes me forget her three inch long fake nails!)


I couldn't quite find the scene from Glee that sparked my curiosity, so here's a mash-up clip from Glee, Funny Face, and Idina Menzel that shows most of my favorite Glee scene:





Hope you enjoy these clips!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Yeah!
So happy to hear that you didn't go running in the rain!
Greg and I stayed in our pj's til almost 3:00...P.M.!!!
We watched The Big Chill! ;o)
Doogan kept wondering WHY we weren't going out!
It was just one of those wollaring kind of days!
You need one of those time and again!
Doogan did get to enjoy his SEA LIONS on Saturday! ;o)
xxooxx

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Funny Girl is one of my very favorite flicks. It's been awfully rainy here the last couple of days. Ugh!

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    Blog Archive

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share