Monday, March 8, 2010

CD for my Granny

I'm going to Appleton, Wisconsin to celebrate my Granny's birthday this week! I've had fun making her an awesome photo book from Kodak Gallery with recent pictures of her 16 grandchildren and three great-grandkids! My mom requested I make her a birthday music cd too. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of different versions of the song Happy Birthday on iTunes.... I am now trying to guess what genres of music she might enjoy or dislike... 
Here's my list of songs so far:
Unforgettable by Nat "King" Cole
'S Wonderful by Audrey Hepburn & Fred Astaire from Funny Face (Original Film Soundtrack)
Over The Rainbow by Judy Garland
Emily by Bill Evans
Debussy: Claire de Lune
A Bushel and a Peck by Doris Day
Hello Dolly by Louis Armstrong
Meet Me In St. Louis by Judy Garland [Because her cat's name is Louie!]
You're Still You by Josh Groban
Don't Rain On My Parade (Glee Cast Version)
Birthday by The Beatles
Today Was a Fairytale by Taylor Swift


Please Please let me know if you have any Grandmother appropriate song suggestions! I would love to add a few more songs to this CD before I leave on Thursday!!!

2 comments:

KW said...

omgoodness i TOTALLY know g-ma appropriate songs! my gma has this cd playing ALL DAY when i come over to her house, but her FAVORITE (like makes her tear up bc it reminds her of my papa) is "I'll Be Seeing You" by Billie Holliday - remember? Noah and Allie's song on The Notebook!?!?! GREATNESS!!! Anything from that era AH-MAZING. I swear I was born in the wrong time period. Good luck!

amybrz said...

Awwww Granny Kay! I think it's so sweet that you're making a birthday CD for her. I'm drawing a blank on what she may like. Does she like jazz? Or big band music? Maybe some Duke Ellington? Have a safe trip!

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    Blog Archive

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share