Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chicago Restaurant Week:Elate

We love Chicago's restaurant week. We started our tour of restaurants on Tuesday, at Elate. Mr F and I decided to get one of each of the first courses, we both got the same second course, and then each got one of the desserts! 

COURSE 1

Parsnip bisque almond / curry / golden raisins   or 
Roasted Sunchoke Romaine hooks blue / rosemary / pumpernickel / kumquat 

COURSE 2

Quail Breast gnocchi / mustard green/ coco nibs / royal trumpet       or 

Skate Wing beluga lentils / onion soubise / thyme / capper [This was substituted for something else actually, after we looked it up and found out that a skate looks like a sting ray.]

COURSE 3

Pumpkin Semifreddo candied pecan crumble / pomegranate seeds / salted carmel      or 

Pumpkin Semifreddo samoa cookie pot de crème 
We really enjoyed the parsnip bisque. It was rich and creamy and perfect for a damp, windy winter night. The salad was also wonderful especially since the dressing was on the bottom and not saturating all the lettuce. The quail was delectable and the perfect amount. We practically died over our desserts. The pumpkin semifreddo was frozen custard, yumminess. The samoa cookie pot de creme had Girl Scout cookies on top!!!!

I highly recommend Elate. We liked the homey, yet trendy atmosphere and the amazing food. We will definitely be back, especially for the $1 oyster night (Wednesdays)!

1 comment:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Wow am I drooling! I bet restaurant week in Chicago is incredible!

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share