Thursday, February 16, 2012

the BHLDN Chicago store opening was amazing!

My cousin and I went to the BHLDN store opening on my birthday, Monday! I was in constant awe the whole time. It felt like being a little girl going to a princess store. You were surrounded by tulle, silk and beautiful gowns, the second you stepped into the store. We saw dresses with blue sashes, fancy tutus, beautiful trains,  and fantastic shoes. The opening was hosted by Martha Stewart Weddings and the Editorial Director, Darcy Miller Nussbaum, was even there!  We got the most recent issue of Martha Stewart Weddings as a party favor, too! I couldn't stop taking pictures of all the intricate details and breathtaking fabrics.

Each dress looked completely different in person, and the material was much more interesting than it looks online. (for example)
Source: bhldn.com via Patty on Pinterest

 
Source: bhldn.com via Tori on Pinterest
  I saw lots of cute tea length dresses that would look wonderful on my sister-in-law.

I loved the beading on the Tulle Era dress.
.


It's a good thing this store didn't exist when I got married! 



BHLDN even has delicate and intricate jewelry. 


There were so many people at the opening that we were not able to try dresses on but we're planning on going back soon. I love weddings and it's so fun to play dress up!

No comments:

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share