Thursday, April 21, 2011

I want to dance!

[source] Every since I bought my new Bloch ballet flats, I've wanted to dance. After seeing Heather Morris' dance moves I'm even more inspired. 
I'm not sure if I'm feeling more like hip hop dance classes or taking up ballet again, perhaps both.

Here are some of Heather Morris' dance tips, that I plan on employing:

"The simplest way to do something cool is the cross-turn. Like in the '80s — Michael Jackson did it. You jump and cross your legs together at the same time, and then spin out of it. That's it."

"You know what's really hot? Pop-and-locking, ticking. The moonwalk. Tricks like that.
The secret to moonwalking: You have to have slick shoes, or else your feet would get stuck. And you trick people. Your right foot pops, and you're pushing your left foot back, and once your left foot lands, you do the same thing. It just looks like you're gliding on air."


Read more: 
http://www.esquire.com/the-side/qa/heather-morris-dancing-0511#ixzz1KDO3W47g


No comments:

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share