Sunday, December 4, 2011

Wine Tasting in Michigan

We went on a winter wine tasting adventure through Living Social today! Mr. F and I met our friends in River North and took a tour bus to Michigan for the day. Our first stop was St. Julian's winery in Union Pier, an hour and a half from Chicago. Our favorite was the dry riesling.  B.R. RIESLING
This gently floral wine leads with vibrant aromas of Mangos, fresh lime & citrus peel. Flavors come in layers of white peach, pineapple, & nectarine fruit.
Next door to St. Julian's winery is another winery and brewery, Round Barn! Our tour guide from Living Social gave us a complimentary wine, or pint glass, with tokens for tastings. After two wineries, we drove half an hour to Baroda, Michigan, where we had lunch at Gravity winery
They have a very cute four-legged greeter named, Oliver. Our last stop of the day was Lemon Creek WineryThey also had friendly winery dogs! We enjoyed the ice wine the most! In general, we decided Michigan's climate grows great riesling and Gewurztraminer grapes but, not much else. Fortunately, we had such a wonderful time with our friends that it didn't matter! 

2 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I just love wineries and especially the ones in the Seattle area as there are so many!

Unknown said...

Love reisling! Yummmm. Glad you guys got a good deal and had fun:-)

http://www.stylesoftamaranicole.blogspot.com

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share