I'm so excited for Dusted Valley's Stained Tooth Society wine club tasting tomorrow in Woodinville. When I was in Walla Walla in September, one of our best friends introduced us to the Dusted Valley Vitners. We were so impressed with all their wines, that we became wine club members immediately. As we were inducted into the "Stained Tooth Society" we were given toothbrushes and a tee shirt that our friend promptly spilled on! My favorite wine at the time was the 2007 LONESOME SPRINGS RANCH SQUIRREL TOOTH ALICE SYRAH. Yes, it's got a crazy name and it's description is even crazier: "The namesake of this old Dodge City, KS lady of the night lives on famously. The sex appeal of this wine jumps out of the glass with loads of seductive allure. You’re gonna love ‘er. If not, you’ll have to have to answer to Alice’s pet ground squirrel. No kidding. She had a pet ground squirrel... How else did you think she got her name???"
“Hints of warm boysenberry fruit and roasted espresso grace this soft Syrah. Plush on the palate, this wine is fleshy, viscous and mouth-filling. It is a tribute to the Wahluke Slope style of fruit – forward and jammy. If there were one Chateau Ste. Michelle Syrah to call a ‘Shiraz’, this would be it.”
- BOB BERTHEAU, HEAD WINEMAKER
We were also told to go to [in order of my brief internet research preference]:
1. Januik (next door to Chateau Ste Michelle) is located at 14710 Woodinville-Redmond Rd NE. It's also the earliest tasting room to open at 11am. I'd like to try the 2006 Ciel du Cheval Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon! Ciel du Cheval on Red Mountain always produces amazing grapes and I seem to love all wines from that vineyard! Ciel du Cheval is widely regarded as a favorite vineyard for winemakers in Washington!
2. The Mark Ryan tasting room is in the Hollywood Schoolhouse,14810 NE 145th Street Building A-1.
The 2006 Water Witch is a blend of 58% Cabernet Sauvignon and 42% Merlot, all from Klipsun Vineyard."
Crafted to go with many different types of food, we’ve carefully blended 63% Cabernet Sauvignon, 32% Merlot & 5% Syrah to create this all occasion crowd pleaser perfect for your next party or to enjoy with family and friends."I doubt we'll be able to make it to all the Woodinville wineries that were recommended to us, but here are a few other possible tasting rooms that we'd like to try in the near future!
- Sparkman Cellars (19501 144 Ave. NE D-700) I'm particularly interested in 2006 Kingpin Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Cuillin Hills, 19495 144th AVE NE, Suite A-110, (is fortunately available at Portalis in Ballard too).
- Edmonds Winery (also available at McCarthy & Schiering) is located at 19501 144th Ave NE, Suite D700.
- The Brian Carter tasting room at 14419 Woodinville-Redmond Road NE is a possibility but we've actually had several of their wines, so it doesn't have to be a must taste this weekend.
- Alexandria Nicole has an expensive wine and food pairing tasting fee ($20 per person) so this is a low priority for this Sunday!
- Unfortunately Red Sky at 19495 144th Ave NE # B220 is not an option because their website says they're only open on Saturdays. :(
Tomorrow should be a fun adventure! I'll post pictures soon! Please let me know if you have any tasting recommendations!