Sunday, November 13, 2011

A work weekend in Tampa, Florida!

I am so lucky that my job occasionally sends me to conferences in awesome cities. This weekend, I went to Tampa! I had never been to Florida, prior to Friday!When I arrived at the hotel, I had just enough time to take a 4-5 mile run along Bayshore Blvd, before the sun fully set. It was gorgeous to run along Hillsborough Bay and Davis Island.A co-worker suggested I go to Columbia, the oldest restaurant in Ybor City,
 and I'm so glad I did. I had the amazing Campesina paella and the delicious guava turnover.  After dinner, I met up with other people from the conference for drinks. We stayed out late, but fortunately the conference didn't start until 11:30am on Saturday!
Between lectures, we enjoyed the river walk view. I was so inspired by the sun and water, that a friend and I decided to go on a harbor boat tour before dinner. We went aboard the "Never  Never Land III"!
 We motored around Harbor Island and along the Seddon Channel. We saw fancy condos and palatial homes, including a house used in the movie, the Punisher
Here's our hotel, the Sheraton Riverwalk I really enjoyed the view from my room, especially at sunset!


No comments:

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share