Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Kindle Touch obsession

Guess what came in the mail today? My early Christmas present, the kindle touch!


Source: amazon.com via Emily on Pinterest


I highly recommend the kindle as a holiday present. Check out these specs!



Simple-to-use touchscreen, with audio and built-in Wi-Fi
  • Most-advanced E Ink display, now with multi-touch
  • New sleek design - 8% lighter, 11% smaller, holds 3,000 books
  • Only e-reader with text-to-speech, audiobooks and mp3 support
  • Built in Wi-Fi - Get books in 60 seconds
  • Borrow Kindle books from your public library
  • Exclusive EasyReach touch technology lets you read easily with one hand
  • New X-Ray feature lets you look up characters, historical figures, and interesting phrases. Learn More


I find the kindle touch easy to hold, intuitive to use and lighter than a book. The E Ink is easier to read than my computer screen and it's quicker to flip to the next page than actual paper! 


As a side effect, I may be blogging less in the near future. I'm 82% done with the third book of the Song of Ice and Fire series, A Storm of Swords, by George R. R. Martin and I cannot wait to read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins soon! 


I'm also excited to use the Kindle Owners' Lending Library! 


We have a 'Amazon Prime membership' and with it 'Kindle owners can choose from thousands of books to borrow for free - including over 100 current and former New York TimesBestsellers - as frequently as a book a month, with no due dates.' Learn More

Massive Selection
Over 1 million books, newspapers, and magazines, including latest bestsellers, Kindle exclusives, Audible audiobooks and more.

Low Book Prices
Over 800,000 books are $9.99 or less.

Free, Out-of-Copyright Books
Millions of free, out-of-copyright, pre-1923 titles such as Pride and Prejudice are available. Learn More

Free Book Samples
Download and read first chapters for free before you decide to buy.



By the way, if you have a kindle, you can start reading The Hunger Games on your Kindle in under a minute

And if you don't have a Kindle you can download a FREE Kindle Reading App [I'm not trying to promote Amazon, I'm just so obsessed that I have to share it with you all!]



1 comment:

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Ohhh so exciting! Love The Hunger Games! :)

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share