Friday, November 18, 2011

Date Night: Blue 13

Mr. F and I had a fun date night tonight! We had a delicious dinner at Blue 13 in River North and let's just say, it was celebrating us knowing each other for 10 years! We had been to Blue 13 this summer and it was so great that we were surprised we hadn't returned yet. We were also excited to try their new fall menu.I had a Moscow mule to start and it came in a chilled copper cup.We also had the soup of the day, Celery root velouté, with ciabatta, beet, pearl onion, chestnut, and apple puree. I took a picture of the garnish before all of the soup was poured into the bowl, but here's a better picture of the soup from Twitter
Source: twitter.com via Emily on Pinterest


For dinner, I had the amazing pork cheeks with sauerkraut, bacon, fingerling potatoes, creme fraiche, apple puree and a few other goodies.Mr. F had the short ribs with whole grain mustard, but I wasn't able to get a picture before he dug in. They were even better than my pork cheeks and also had stunning presentation!
To celebrate our date night, we had a little Walla Walla in Chicago. We enjoyed the K Vinters Syrah called, "the Beautiful" after Charles Smith's wife.  The aromatic nose was delightful especially with the 5% Viognier. On the palate, it represented Walla Walla Valley fruit in a nostalgic and delectable way.
Our dessert was out of this world.Our waiter recommended the Warm Walnut Brownie and we melted instantly when we tasted this masterpiece. There was coffee ice cream, cranberry gelatin, and carmel de leche, accompanying the cocoa nibs brownies, interspersed with chocolate walnut brittle. We were so stuffed and happy that we saved some for breakfast tomorrow!

If this post makes you drool, you must go to Blue 13!


3 comments:

Megan said...

Happy meet-cute anniversary!

Unknown said...

Wow the food looks pretty! Lol glad you guys had fun:-)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Moscow Mules are MY FAV!!! I learned about them on Oprah and had them in Australia, yummm!

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share