Thursday, October 20, 2011

Making another CD...this time, jazz!

A friend at work mentioned today that she loves Jazz. She said Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald are some of her favorites. Thus, I've decided to make another mixed CD for my work pals!

I'm including Mr. F's and my first dance song from our wedding, A Kiss to Build A Dream On! My Dad and I danced to Unforgettable for the Father/Daughter dance. When I first met Mr. F, he used to listen to Hello Dolly and the Hot Fives and Sevens albums frequently. Recently, he's been listening to Cookin' with the Miles Davis Quintet.

I also included Rosemary Clooney's It's De-Lovely. My best friend from college had this as her first dance song at her wedding!

Here's a list of my favorite Jazz songs on my most recent mixed CD!

A Kiss to Build A Dream On by Louis Armstrong
Unforgettable by Nat "King" Cole
Dream A Little Dream Of Me by Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
My Baby Just Cares for Me by Nina Simone
Hello Dolly by Louis Armstrong
L-O-V-E by Nat "King" Cole
It's De-Lovely by Rosemary Clooney
My Heart by Louis Armstrong from the Hot Fives And Sevens
Never No Lament by Duke Ellington and The Blanton-Webster Band
Ruby, My Dear by Thelonious Monk from The Best of the Blue Note Years
Emily by Bill Evans
Blues By Five by Miles Davis Quintet from Cookin' With The Miles Davis Quintet
My Funny Valentine by Miles Davis Quintet from Cookin' With The Miles Davis Quintet
Airegin by Miles Davis Quintet from Cookin' With The Miles Davis Quintet
Tune Up/When The Lights Are Low by Miles Davis Quintet from Cookin' With The Miles Davis Quintet
Desafinado (Off Key) by Stan Getz & João Gilberto




No comments:

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    Blog Archive

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share