Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Trip to Tacoma with Mandy

I didn't feel super great when I woke up this morning, so I took a sick day. After a little more sleep and reading more of A Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest,
I felt nearly normal. My best friend wanted to check out the Tacoma Art Museum and I went along! Tacoma was so beautiful and I had no idea! The weather was perfect. It was bright and sunny and 70 degrees out! Mount Rainer was in fine form and it looked so close to Tacoma!  The museum was really fun and I really enjoyed all the glass art by Dale Chihuly. There were amazing sculptures inside and out of the building. We crossed the bridge from Union Station to the Glass Museum and saw even more Chihuly artwork! This is the stunning piece inside the Union Station. On our way out of town I even saw a cute cupcake shop! We didn't have time to go in because we wanted to beat the rush hour traffic between Tacoma and Seattle.This visit totally opened my eyes to the beauty of this town. I really liked Tacoma and next time I go there, I'll have to stop in.

3 comments:

Tina said...

My husband and I visited Tacoma years ago and found it to be such a cute and unique place.

Tina from String-Ring

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

ooh looks like a fun day out! and great photos :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm jealous. I could go for a bestie day right now!

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    Blog Archive

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share