Monday, July 26, 2010

Steven's Winery, a new favorite!

Mr. F and I will be celebrating our two year wedding anniversary next weekend! We had so much fun wine tasting today, it was like a mini tribute. 

We first stopped at Steven's Winery. A few days ago, we picked up a bottle of Steven's "Another Thought" Sauvignon Blanc at Full Pull wines
[Label from Steven's Winery]
After drinking it last night, we really wanted to try more wines from Steven's Winery. We had a phenomenal experience at the winery! The tasting room had a homey, Seattle vibe, authentic and not stuffy, or snobby. (This is an added bonus since you can experience stuffiness and snobbery at some of the Eastside wineries with some of their patrons.)  It's an emerging Washington winery that's a red and wine wine superstar. Plus, the wines are very reasonably priced, especially for their quality.

We were also lucky enough to meet the charming winemakers, Paige and Tim Stevens. Interesting fact: Tim made all the artwork around the winery, including these intriguing tiki faces, which were made out of two wine barrels.

We have found a new favorite winery and can't wait for their next release in 3 weeks.

Tomorrow, I'll write about Efeste and a couple other wineries that we toured today!

2 comments:

Cat said...

Happy Anniversary to you! It looks like a great place to visit. I live not too far away from the Barossa Valley here in Oz and (pre-Bebito especially) we loved nothing more than the quick drive to do some tasting. A wonderful way to spend the day.

A'n'G Johnson said...

Happy 2 years! And what a wonderful get away to celebrate it with..

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    Blog Archive

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share