Thursday, September 10, 2009

A few favorite mini vacations...

I'm so excited my husband and I are going to Vancouver B.C. this weekend. Granted, it is for his firm's retreat, but it's still a mini vacation! I haven't been to Vancouver since I was a teenager. I can't wait to rediscover the city for 3 days.

One of my favorite weekend getaways is going to Walla Walla for the wheat fields and wine. We like to meander around the Whitman campus and check out the new buildings and art work. There are also have several favorite wineries that I love to visit, for example, Flying Trout. (I blogged about more favorites last month,)

We also really enjoy watching the sunset from wheat fields. It's magical watching the wind blow through the wheat fields at dusk.


Sooke Harbor via the Black Ball Ferry in Port Angeles is also one of my favorite trips. The drive to Port Angeles is beautiful and the ferry ride is picturesque in any weather. It docks in Victoria and then it's a short drive to Sooke.

I was inspired to visit Sooke after seeing the romantic comedy Lucky 7, with Patrick Dempsey and Kimberly Williams-Paisley. Just like in the movie, my husband and I stayed at the romantic Sooke Harbor Inn. It's a sweet bed and breakfast with amazing food, great art work on every wall, and several lovely gardens.This is the view from the room we stayed in. Apparently Orca whales can sometimes be seen from your room!

The Inn looks out at Whiffen Spit, which is a fun beach walk. There are many other rocky beaches nearby too.

Going to Ocean Shores is another one of my favorite weekend getaways. My family and I used to love playing in the sand and flying crazy kites. A few years ago we even brought our horses!







No comments:

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    Blog Archive

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share