Tuesday, June 12, 2012

To Do in Chicago this Summer: the Food Edition

It's not officially summer yet, but this week has really felt like summer. Of course, this makes me really look forward to all the Chicago restaurants with lovely patios.

Graham Elliott opened a new bistro, last week, called, g.e.b. Apparently it has two patios! We're going to check it out with a friend on Thursday. I can't wait!Source: dailycandy.com via Emily on Pinterest

I'm excited to go to Big Star and eat on their patio. We may go later this month with Mr. F's cousin, Brian! Source: google.com via Nicholas on Pinterest I'm really excited for their tacos. How good does this picture from Facebook look?Apparently it's tacos de borrego, marinated, braised lamb shoulder, radish, roasted scallion, and queso fresco.

We're also hoping to go to Kuma's Corner this month with Mr. F's cousin.
 I want to order the "Lair of the Minotaur". (Yes, I'm a huge nerd. It's a burger with caramelized onions, pancetta, brie, and bourbon soaked pears.) 


My carpool buddy has recommended I go to Pequod's Pizza in Lincoln Park. They have caramelized cheese crust that's supposed to be amazing.  Source: pequodspizza.com via Emily on Pinterest

The Billy Goat Tavern is another burger place we'd love to try!


The Red Door in Bucktown and the Butcher & the Burger in Lincoln Park have neat patios too. The food looks pretty awesome too.
Source: purewow.com via Emily on Pinterest


One of my favorite Italian restaurants, Piccolo Sogno, is opening another restaurant called, Piccolo Sogno Due (Little Dream Two). It's also close to me too!

The old manager from LUSH moved to City Winery. I'm excited to check it out after it opens August 1st. It's a music venue, restaurant and bar.


On a non-food note, I really want to make friends with a person with a boat in Chicago this summer!


2 comments:

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share