Thursday, May 10, 2012

What my twenties have taught me....

Some of my favorite blogs, Fairy Tales are True and Em = Me, have inspired me to write about what my twenties have taught me. This especially resonates with me, because this is the first year I turn 29. (I'm kidding, but I'm not sure what to do when I turn 30. Big party? Small shindig? Celebrate in a foreign country?)

At 20, I had already met the love of my life and future husband. We met our first week of college. We fell in love at a sorority dance. You may hear a lot of negative things about sororities but I learned it is also a wonderful way to network. My first job in healthcare was through a good friend and sorority connection. My next job in research was also through a college connection.

Mr. F and I got married at 25 on the beach in Seattle. I had no idea that your wedding could be the best party that you've ever attended.

I'm a total ENFJ (Extrovert iNtuitive Feeling Judging). As I progressed through my twenties, I've really noticed that my husband is a INTJ (Introvert iNtuitive Thinking Judging). We really have strived to be good listeners and communicate a lot. Sometimes it's good to butt heads. It stimulates good conversation.

While I enjoy being social but I can overload easily. As my best friend from high school reminded me recently, it's good to decompress away from everyone occasionally.

Running can be relaxing. This surprised me. When we moved to Chicago last year, we really explored the North Side and the shores of Lake Michigan on foot, at approximately 6-8 miles per hour. For me, exercising really helps to combat high stress levels and to decompress. When I don't run, I do kettlebell exercises.

After college, I've really learned that I'm a creature of comfort. Make up is nice but not necessary. I really enjoy food. I love traveling but I'm no longer a hostel traveler. I do not like wearing high heels even if they look really pretty.


:) to be continued....

1 comment:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I need the occasional break from being social too!

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share