Monday, May 17, 2010

Clownfish cupcakes and personality types

Aren't these clownfish cupcakes so cheery and fun? They make me so happy on Monday! They remind me of a pool party or Finding Nemo.

I recently took the Myers Briggs test for my certificate class. Have you taken this test before? (Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator, if you haven't!) Here are the major dichotomies:
Extraversion Introversion
Sensing iNtuition
Thinking Feeling
Judgment Perception

I knew I was a strong extrovert, assumed I was more intuititive than sensing, but I didn't realize that I'd be split between thinking versus feeling, and I'd be strong in judging versus perceiving.

This is so true for me, "most people who prefer
Extraversion: Focus energy and attention outwardly (people & things)". As opposed to "most people who prefer
Introversion: Focus their energy and attention inwardly ( thoughts & reflections)". I gather energy interacting with people and enjoy communicating. I totally "value imagination" as an intuitional person, and not always realism, as a sensing person may prefer.

After my class I see why I'm split between the thinking versus feeling dichotomies. I want to be described as reasonable and fair (thinking side) but I also want to be compassionate and empathetic (feeling side). People who are in the judging dichotomy are scheduled and organized, and like to have things decided. Perceiving people are spontaneous and flexible. Surprises are fun and routines are limiting.

This is me, ENFJ!
Warm, empathetic, responsive, and responsible. Highly attuned to the emotions, needs, and motivations of others. Find potential in everyone, want to help others fulfill their potential. May act as catalysts for individual and group growth. Loyal, responsive to praise and criticism. Sociable, facilitate others in a group, and provide inspiring leadership. (From http://www.myersbriggs.org/)

Cheers!

3 comments:

Christine Pobke said...

ooooh you totally are an enfj. :) i havne't taken it in a while but i think i might just to see!!! :) xoxo

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

I think i need one of those cupcakes in my belly asap.

Breezer said...

I love your blog design, and especially the title--so funny and creative!

Those cupcakes look amazing.

Actually, I remember discussing Myers Briggs in my psych class in college, but I never took it. Very interesting to hear your results!

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share