Monday, September 19, 2011

Pictures of food from the week

In case, you didn't know that I love food, here are some examples of how much I really love food. 
Mr. F made this amazing lentil, chicken, thai chilies, cumin, turmeric and pistachio dish early last week. It was not only delicious but there were leftovers for two more days!
Chicago has started to transition into fall this last week. A week ago, it was 90 degrees, by Wednesday it was 58 degrees. Fortunately, Saturday was gorgeous and 70 degrees. 
I loved walking through River North and seeing all the beautiful, colorful flowers. Soon the leaves will start their colorful change too.
 Our kitties loved cuddling all weekend. Lyra takes the top half of the couch.Lily Thomas likes the sit between me and the armrest. Saturday night, Mr. F made fresh pasta with panko crusted artichoke hearts and chicken. It was mouthwatering and delectable.We missed Oyster Fest, by chance, so we went to GT Fish & Oyster House with friends instead. We had Kumamotos from California, the tiny ones at the 1 o'clock position. We also had Nootka Sound oysters from British Columbia, at the 3 o'clock position. The Beau Soleils, at the 6 o'clock position, from New Brunswick were our favorite. We also had Misty Points from Virginia (8 o' clock) and Wianno oysters from Massachusetts. I think I've only had West Coast oysters in Seattle, so I enjoyed learning more about oysters and tasting the differences between the West Coast and East Coast oysters.
We also had oyster po'boy sliders with kimchi!
Mr. F ordered the tuna poke with mango.For dessert we had the Peanut Butter Semifreddo with raspberries.Oh my goodness, this dessert was divine.

Speaking of amazing food, I've been very curious about Chef Grant Achatz after reading his memoir, "life, on the line". @Gachatz
If we could go anywhere in Chicago for dinner, we'd like to go to Aviary for cocktails like this old fashioned,  Alinea and Next.   Have you heard about these venues? Have you been to any of them?

No comments:

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share