Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Work Inspired Mix


Yes, I love making mixed tapes/cds. Here's my latest creation....something to celebrate T.G.I.F at work.

Float On by Modest Mouse Good News For People Who Love Bad News
[Wonderful lyrics to celebrate it being Friday "I ran my mouth off a bit too much, oh what did I say.
Well you just laughed it off, it was all ok. And we'll all float on, ok."]


I've Been Waiting by The Fighting Machinists ["I've been waiting for so long, it seems like forever"]

Porcelain by Moby Play [I have fond memories of this song from high school and the movie, The Beach. This video shows my favorite scenes to the whole song and basically the whole movie.]


Dry The Rain by The Beta Band The Three E.P.'s
[These lyrics say it all "If there's something inside that you wanna say Say it out loud it'll be okay
I will be your light"]
Under Pressure by Queen & David Bowie

Otis (feat. Otis Redding) by JAY Z & Kanye West ["I got my swagger back".]
[These next few songs represent the weekend and conversation topics at work.]

Toxic by Britney Spears  [Okay, I just had to throw a few dance songs on the album, for when I'm stuck in traffic and need a good song to bop by head too.]

P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) by Artie from Glee [I dedicate this to Milenna, for her shared love of Michael Jackson and Glee!]

Feel Good by Demon Days


Be OK by Ingrid Michaelson Be OK [I think the title is explanatory.]

I'm Gonna Be (500 miles) by The Proclaimers [This is dedicated to John and our mutual love of How I Met Your Mother.]

Everywhere by Bran Vann 3000 [Another song I've loved since high school, when I received my first mixed cd.]

Monkey Wrench by Foo Fighters The Colour and the Shape ["I don't wanna be your monkey wrench". How is this not celebrating Friday?]

Bullet With Butterfly Wings by The Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness
[I dedicate this song to Katrien "despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage."]


Video Killed the Radio Star by The Plastics [You are a radio star.]


Fresh Prince of Bel Air by Will Smith [I dedicate this to John, because he is the Fresh Prince of Addison.]





No comments:

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share