Sunday, August 21, 2011

Foodie weekend

Saturday morning I slept in and I woke up to my amazing husband bringing me Grahamwich's nutella and banana croissant sandwich and cider donut, in bed.It was utterly delectable. If you're ever in Chicago, you must get something from Grahamwich. We cannot wait to try more of their sandwiches!
For lunch we stumbled upon a great BBQ place called Pork Shoppe.  Mmm, the pulled pork and brisket were amazing. We will definitely be back soon. 
We were so full of yummy BBQ that we were not hungry until after 6, so we snacked on panko crusted tofu and ground mustard that Mr. F whipped up.
 Around 7pm, we took the Red Line to Paulina and met friends in Roscoe Village for a backyard BBQ. We had bacon wrapped filets, corn on the cob, potato salad, and chocolate lava cake with mint chocolate chip ice cream for dinner. Mmm, I wish I remembered to take a picture, but I was having so much fun, I forgot!

This morning we met our friends in Chinatown for Dim Sum! It was so exciting take the L and see another part of Chicago, that we'd never been to before! We went to MingHin on South Archer, right off the Red Line. I love hum bao but my new favorite is creamy egg yolk bun! We also had Su Ma, Shrimp Dumplings, Chicken Feet with Special Sauce, (there was Tripe on the table that I didn't try), Stick Rice in Lotus leaf, two kinds of BBQ pork buns, Pork with Preserved Egg Congee, Malay Sponge cake, Sweet Custard Rolls, BBQ crepe, and Spare Ribs.
Thanks to our friends we tried new foods and new places in Chicago!There was a festival in the square next to the restaurant that we walked by....
 A few hours later, we took the Red Line home in a food coma,  the scenery was amazing,and I stopped to take pictures of beautiful flowers on our walk home.

After a siesta, we took the Brown Line to meet our friends in Uptown for pho!We were highly entertained by a non-stop talking little old lady that sounded like a Southern gentleman. We transferred to the Red Line and went to Tank Noodle I had the delicious curry chicken sandwich.  [source: Tank Noodle website] We had so many great dishes that I can't wait to go back again. 
Mischief Managed. 

No comments:

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share