Sunday, June 13, 2010

My weekend!

Friday night we went to a World Cup tasting at our favorite wine shop, Portalis

SPECIAL TASTING
Label_world cup 2010World Cup Tasting - Fri, Jun 11th
Celebrating the great wines of SOUTH AFRICA
Celebrate the spirit of the World Cup with this unbelievable line-up:
Graham Beck NV Brut Rosé 
Southern Right 2009 Sauvignon Blanc 
Mulderbosch 2008 Chenin Blanc  
Hamilton Russell 2008 Chardonnay  
Neil Ellis 2008 Pinotage  
Hamilton Russell 2007 Pinot Noir 
Stark-Conde 2005 Syrah  
Warwick 2005 Three Cape Ladies 

My favorites were the delicious pinotage and brut rose! Jens, the wine shop owner, always has amazing tasting.


Saturday, we discovered wineries in South Seattle. It was a real treat to taste Cadence wines. We also stopped at Nota Bene, OS winery, and Fall Line. Later that evening we had delectable barbecue chicken, amazing banana and black bean empanadas, and yummy salad at my good friend's house. We even roasted marshmallows over her fire pit after dinner.


Today, we had a great brunch at Portage Bay Cafe. I had the tasty Rancher's breakfast with eggs, bacon, potatoes, and challah French toast. I went to the signature topping bar and added fresh raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries. After a quick trip to REI, we ran 8 miles then had amazing Thai food in Old Ballard. 


Now I'm super tired and just finished watching Whip It! It has been on my Netflix queue (with a very long wait) for months. Fortunately, it was worth the wait. Ellen Page was adorable as Bliss aka Babe Ruthless. 


This week is going to be long with a few 12 days, but we're going to Orcas Island this weekend! I can't wait!

1 comment:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Holy cow does your brunch sound amazing!

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    Blog Archive

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share