Monday, June 7, 2010

An afternoon at the family farm


My sister's graduation party was in Stanwood yesterday. It was so fun even if it was raining the entire time. We had good company, amazing live music, and great food. It was relaxing to sit in canvas chairs and listen to the rain on the metal roof above us. The country air was refreshing too. Here are some of my favorite photos!

I love this sign that my parents found at a country fair.
How sweet are these pink peonies in the pole barn, in a grain bucket?Congrats Janie and Chris on graduating from nursing school!!

4 comments:

bananas. said...

growing up, i always wanted a family farm.

consider yourself lucky ;)

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

I want a family farm!!! I grew up on a "farm" with a broken down barn and no animals... well, we had lots of cats, wild turkeys, deer, and woodchucks, but nothing cool like a horse or a piggy.

Samantha said...

I would love to have a party out in the country! I was tempted to do a barn wedding, but I don't have any family in the country and didn't want to pay thousands for one of those really fancy barn type venues.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

YAY, congrats to your sis. And your fam's place looks so fun!

p.s. Our blog has moved! We would love for you to visit us at our new site: http://www.bonbonrosegirls.com/
Unfortunately, if you followed us with Google Friend Connect you'll have to re-follow but everything else is the same! Hugs, K

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    Blog Archive

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share