Saturday, April 10, 2010

Have you seen How to Train Your Dragon?!

Wow, How to Train Your Dragon is a thrilling and wonderful movie. The story is fascinating, the graphics are fantastical, and the characters are so fun! I especially enjoyed Toothless, the night fury dragon. It reminds me of Foosa, our old kitten.  It was so feline and sweet, yet dangerous.  (source) It was my first 3D experience since I was a child too! I can't believe how cool the 3D glasses are now. I was so surprised when they were not paper with plastic red and blue lenses!   (source
I wonder if the children's book is as appealing to adults as the film. Check out IMDB for more amazing screen shots from the movie!

We trained our own dragon today by taking our long haired Maine Coon Mix kitty, Lyra, to the groomers. This is Lyra, this morning, before her haircut. 
This is after we picked her up from Lookin' Good, the dog and cat grooming salon. 


She's much happier and cooler, plus we won't have to vacuum every day!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness...what beautiful kitties you have!
I have been really wanting to see How to Train Your Dragon...have NEVER seen a movie in 3-D...isn't that crazy?

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Was it not SOOOOO good!!! I totally could relate through the movie and thought the little dragon was like my yorkie! haha!

Teresa said...

Emily...
I thought I could email you back through your comment but your email address didn't show up...so I am popping over.
Thanks for the sweet comments about my pictures...and I'm delighted you are checking out a few of the beautiful hikes here on the peninsula. Wanted to let you know that I have checked out some places on VRBO/Port Angeles for Greg and I to stay when we head to the Olympics for a long weekend...like you are planning to do!
I can send you links to a couple of the ones that I have found that I like. You may want to take a peek. Many of the houses/cabins/cottages are on the lakes...which makes it lovely. Near to all the trails and Port Angeles but nestled in the woods. So just go on VRBO and type in Port Angeles and many will pop up for you to check out.
Let me know what you find.
Oh...and I can't believe you got brave enough to have the kitty sheered.
I know she does feel cool.
xxooxx

Juliana said...

She looks adorable and it will be so much less work for you dear. I have not seen the movie, but that is not saying much. Hope you had a nice weekend

OneCraftyFox said...

You are the second person this week to mention this movie! First time visitor, lovely blog :)

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    Blog Archive

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share