Saturday, August 22, 2009

One of my favorite Seattle neighborhoods (Part 2.5) Ballard!



My husband and I walked around Ballard again today taking advantage of the beautiful sunny weather. I took many more photos to share why Ballard is such a great neighborhood! Here are a some of the places we walked by:
La Carta de Oaxaca is my most favorite authentic Mexican food restaurant. La Carta is in Old Ballard on Ballard Ave NW. I recommend ordering the fish tacos which are absolutely delicious. There's also a salsa bar with 5-6 different varieties to choose from and they are all amazing. There's usually a wait because it's so popular, so get there early if you want a seat.
Right around the corner from la Carta is a cute pastry shop on Market Street called Pauline's. Last time I went in I had a watermelon gelee. My taste buds thought it was like a sparkling, fresh watermelon explosion!
Nearly next door to la Carta is KAVU, a local Ballard business since 1993 and a great outdoors shop. They just moved into a bigger shop right next door to their old store. By the way, KAVU stands for Klear Above Visibility Unlimited.
Portalis is also on Ballard Ave NW, close to where the Farmer's Market starts. It's a small and friendly wine shop and wine bar. We like to check out the free tastings every weekend! The skylights in the shop are filled with multicolored wine bottles that are simply gorgeous. If you're interested in food, the Blueberry Napoleon is to-die-for!
On Market Street, Secret Garden Books is a fun "bookstore for all ages". When I wanted to find the Flower Fairies series by Cicely Mary Barker, the friendly shopkeeper went through dozens of books with me to find the correct one. I ended up buying the Flower Fairies of the Trees here!
Close to the Ballard Locks, Habitude is a great place for spa and salon treatments. It has a soothing atmosphere and amazing facility. My sisters and I love the manicures and pedicures, and the chair massages too!

Right next to the Locks, Stone Gardens is a local climbing gym that's a huge Seattle favorite.

One of my favorite structures is at the newly renovated Shilshole Bay Marina. It's a neat fountain and mini pond. It looks like the skeleton of a ship.

Tomorrow my husband and I plan to walk around Alki! I'll make sure to post pictures soon!








No comments:

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    Blog Archive

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share