Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A few of my favorite Seattle neighborhoods (Part 2) Ballard!


I walked around Ballard on Sunday and it reminded me of why I love this neighborhood. Ballard has a small town feel away from the city. I enjoy how everyone walks along Ballard Ave and Market Street. My husband and I bought eggplants and flowers in the Ballard Farmers Market. We had an early lunch at la Isla of empandillas and plantanos. (I absolutely love their sweet plantains dipped in their garlic sauce.)

After lunch we walked towards the Ballard Locks and along the Burke-Gilman trail to Golden Gardens. It was absolutely gorgeous out and just about 70 degrees. We saw lots of boats coming out of the Locks and several people paddle boarding. There are so many beautiful viewpoints from Seaview Ave. Here are a few of my favorites.

We always enjoy walking near the docks of Shilshole Bay Marina, looking at all the tall masts and the sailboats going in and out.

I always love the sign for the Kiss Cafe. Ray's and the Lockspot Cafe are also great places for breakfast or lunch with the locals. Where ever you walk in Ballard you'll catch the old Norwegian charm, sea breeze, and desire to live near the sea!

Addendum:

If you want to get more acquainted with Ballard, check out "Tuesdays in Ballard" at http://inballard.com/. It's an online site dedicated to Ballard and on Tuesdays, many of the boutiques in the neighborhood have special promotions and activities!



No comments:

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    Blog Archive

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share