Saturday, July 16, 2011

Harry Potter facts

I've decided I'm watching all 7 Harry Potter movies before seeing the last one. It's also fun looking up trivia from IMDB.com! Here are some of my favorite facts.


Richard Harris only agreed to take the part of Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001) after his then 11-year-old granddaughter threatened never to speak to him again if he didn't.

Source: imdb.com via Emily on Pinterest



The last name Dumbledore means "Bumblebee" in Old English.


The Hogwarts motto, "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus" means "never tickle a sleeping dragon".


Two Persian red cats were used for the role of Crookshanks: Crackerjack and Pumpkin. 







The design of the large clock which functions as a visual motif in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban appears to be based on the Old Town Clock (also called the "Orloj" - pronounced "OR-LOY") in Prague, Czech Republic. The Orloj tells not only the time, but shows the month, the sign of the Zodiac, and shows the relative positions of the moon and sun.





In one of the first takes of Hermione's "Cinderella moment", Emma Watson actually tripped in that fancy dress and fell down the stairs.

The radish earrings worn by Luna Lovegood were actually made by Evanna Lynch (the actress portraying her).

Source: imdb.com via Emily on Pinterest




Source: imdb.com via Emily on Pinterest



Wow...I've watched all of the movies more than once... Check out more facts on zimbio.

1 comment:

My Passport to Style said...

I admire your commitment, I watched THE FINALE ONE,last night it was beyond amazing and I cried, it will be forever etched on my heart.JK Rowling and cast rule! Sharon xx

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    Blog Archive

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share