Saturday, July 9, 2011

Fairies, friends, freestyle, and Fourth of July

For the Fourth of July, Mr. F and I went with friends to the beach! It was in the mid to upper 80s, so we all jumped into Lake Michigan to cool off! We got hungry after 7pm and we ran out of water, so we wandered back to the South Loop  in search of a restaurant open on the Fourth of July.  We were in luck, HAROLD'S was open! We gorged ourselves on fried chicken, okra and fries. It was soo delicious. After a day in the sun, we became super sleepy, so we missed the majority of the Navy Pier fireworks! We didn't mind though, we had so much fun with our friends. 

This week seemed to fly by and in a flash, it was already the weekend again. I love it when work weeks seem short and the weekends feel long! Today, we walked nearly 10 miles in our new Nike Free2s. We walked from our apartment, along the Riverwalk, back to the beach near the Planetarium to Northerly Island and back home. Along the way, we stopped for a pretzel.  Mr. F had told me about the prairie flowers of Northerly Island  and the fairy statues beforehand, but they were breathtaking in person. I love fairies. (I've been known to pretend to be one and to make fairy huts.) These fairies are not only striking, but botanical and wistful.  There are three statues that remind me of myself and two sisters. We preferred to view them from afar, because they actually have haunting faces, when viewed up close. 
 It was 90 degrees today so we went for a swim in Lake Michigan. It was pretty blissful to cool down.
What do you do to cool down on a hot day?

No comments:

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    Blog Archive

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share