Friday, June 3, 2011

Summer favorites and fashion musings

I am really looking forward to my first summer in Chicago! My favorite part about summer is spending time outdoors (with sunscreen) with friends. 

Tomorrow we're going to the Division Street Fest with friends, then Gino's East with old co-workers in town for ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology) and Sunday, we're going to the Eastside Millennium Art Festival! 

My husband loves listening to Grateful Dead and drinking rose in the summertime. I really want to try the 2010 Charles Smith Wines “Royal City" Rose Stoneridge Vineyard - Columbia Valley this summer. 

We also consistently like Five Star Cellars rose, Kynzie I saw it at Lush wines last weekend, perhaps I'll have to pick some up soon! 

Another one of my favorite things about summer is wearing sunglasses, shorts and flip flops. 

I would love to own these adorable wedges from Tom's:



They might look nice with the Sailboat Skirt or the Lido Light Skirt from Anthropologie.  
I also adore the Vokko dress print! 

 

The Patagonia swimsuits look comfortable, cute and functional. I especially like the Kupala style. 

I have more looks that I love on Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/fettbot/love-this-look/) but here are some of the styles I'd like to emulate.

This look reminds me of California coolness...



This is more of a preppy, pretty look, which would be great for work, if I could wear shorts. 


What summer fashion or activities are you excited about?

2 comments:

Danielle Moss said...

Thanks for linking up! I can't believe I am missing this nice weather! Still in LA...

I already have lots of summer plans next week. Rooftop parties, etc...very excited. And my sis comes the following week.

Movies in the park -- so fun. There is so much to do in Chi!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

love those coral toms!!

xo jillian:: enter to win a $100 shopping spree!

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share