Saturday, June 25, 2011

Our first day in Barcelona

On June 13th, we left our apartment in River North around 10:30am and caught the Blue Line to O'Hare. We had deliciously-bad-for-you double hamburgers at Johnny Rocket's before boarding the plane to Philidelphia. We left Philly at 6:30pm and arrived in Barcelona at 8:30am on Sunday, June 14th. We took the train from the aeropuerto and didn't know what stop to get off at, but fortunately we got off at Passeig de Garcia, which is near Casa Batilo. Since I recognized it from the guidebooks, I was able to figure out that we were only a 10 minute walk from the hotel.  Unfortunately, when we arrived at the Hotel Market, at 11 am, our room wasn't ready.  
We walked around the Sant Antoni neighborhood, and down Las Ramblas, to the port, and saw cruise ships loading. We were becoming super crabby and dead on our feet, so we went back to the hotel at 2pm. 
 We took a siesta for 2 1/2 hours. Around 5pm we worke up and felt more normal, so we tried to find a place that was recommended to us, for dinner. 
 We walked to Quimet y Quimet in the Poble Sec neighborhood but it wasn't open. El Caballito Blanco in the Eixample neighborhood also wasn't open on Sundays, so we went to the restaurant next door. We had phenomenal cava too. 
The food was okay at Los Barriles but we decided to stick to our list of recommendations.
On our way back to the hotel, we stopped for gelati! We had un pequeno dulce de leche y pistachio. 
At 10pm we were pooped and fell asleep immediately!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

so fun! I love barcelona!! looks like y'all had a great time.

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share