Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cabo Vacation Interim Summary

Hola,Today (Wednesday) was our fourth full day in Cabo.
On Monday, we lounged in our inifity pool most of the day.
Everyday here has been clear, sunny and 80 degrees.
For lunch we went down to the main Pueblo Bonita Sunset Beach for burgers poolside. J and I had honey pedicures too! J got a sparkly turquoise over dark blue and I had my toenails painted bright pink!
After our pedicures we waited for the shuttle to take us back up the hill. I saw these adorable birds, similar to sparrows, but more colorful, in the palm trees.
For Monday´s dinner our host cooked paella with scallops and shrimp. Mmmm, paella es muy delicioso.
Tuesday, we wandered through Cabo San Lucas and had more authenic Mexican food, like flan, chalupas and Tecate Light.Later that evening, we went to the Pacifico for dinner. I had local sea bass and chocolate fettuchini with lobster sauce. After I edit more photos, I'll upload the artistic presentation of these amazingly delicious dishes.
This morning we got up at 5:30am to drive to the marina and go deep sea fishing! The chartered boat took six of us out to the Sea of Cortez to look for Marlin, Yellowfin Tuna and Dorados (also known as Mahi Mahi). We saw a few turtles, several dolphins and grey whales breaching in the distance. We did not have luck with fishing, however. We didn´t even get a bite! On our way back into the marina several hours later we saw lots of pelicans and seals too!

We going to Playa de Amor tomorrow to see if we can spy on more whales!!
Buenas Tardes!


1 comment:

That Girl in Pearls said...

You know, I have spent so little time in Mexico it's kind of sad... after seeing these fabulous shots I think I might need to plan a vaca to a fabulous beach in Mexico!

Hope you had a wonderful time! It certainly seems like it.

B.

That Girl in Pearls

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share