Monday, October 4, 2010

Vyšehrad on September 17th

We got lost looking for Vysehrad on the 17 tram on Friday, September 17th. Fortunately, we backtracked easily and found the "castle on the heights". There were phenomenal views of the city from on top of the hill. Our favorite part was walking along the castle walls!
The ruins of the old fortifications overlook the Vltava River. 

 The tram from Vysehrad took us right by the Dancing House, so we took a quick photo opportunity. 
After lunch, we went for a boat ride down the Vltava!
 It was great to see the Charles Bridge from different angles. 
The statue detail of the Cechuv Bridge was my favorite part of the boat tour. 
We decided to wander around the trinket shops in Old Town after our boat trip. We didn't find anything that we needed but I got my photo taken with the horses!
 September 17th was also the start of the Prague Wine Festival. It was a short walk from our hotel on Slovansky Island.
 We didn't particularly care for the overly sweet Moravian wine, but we did find a new dessert wine....Hungarian Tokaj is AMAZING! 
Ciao!

No comments:

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    Blog Archive

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share