Tuesday, October 19, 2010

From Shakespeare in Love to Country Strong

Gwyneth Paltrow first burst into my life as Viola De Lesseps in Shakespeare in Love. I remember not being old enough to see it in theaters, because it was rated R. I was 15. Fortunately, my best friend's mom took us. I was enchanted and instantly idolized the golden couple on the silver screen. I must have watched that movie a dozen more times by the age of 16. 


There was a period of time, I read nothing but Shakespearean plays. I played Hermia in A Midsummer's Night Dream my junior year of high school. My girl friends and I would quote our favorite Shakespearean lines to each other.


[last lines] 
William Shakespeare: My story starts at sea... a perilous voyage to an unknown land... a shipwreck... the wild waters roar and heave... the brave vessel is dashed all to pieces, and all the helpless souls within her drowned... all save one... a lady... whose soul is greater than the ocean... and her spirit stronger than the sea's embrace... not for her a watery end, but a new life beginning on a stranger shore. It will be a love story... for she will be my heroine for all time. And her name will be Viola. 


Over ten years later, in a completely different era, Gwyneth Paltrow inspires me again. She always looks stunning, but her voice is gorgeous too! I'm looking forward to December 22, 2010. 



No comments:

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    Blog Archive

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share