Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I finally saw the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (the Swedish version)!

Tonight, Mr. F was out of town so I FINALLY watched the Swedish version of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". [He's not a fan of the trilogy like I am!] The movie took all of the best parts of the book and limited the boring parts, which made it even more amazing.

WARNING: I told my Mom that this was one of my favorite books and she read it, thinking she might enjoy it too. I should have warned her that this book would not be something she'd like, at all. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is very graphic and disturbing and I initially put it down after the first 100 pages. I continued reading it only after a friend urged me to read more about Lisbeth's story.  Now, I love the trilogy because of her childhood and who Lisbeth becomes.
Noomi Rapace is fascinating and intensely compelling, as Lisbeth Salander. I can't wait to see her in the new Sherlock Holmes movie, where I'm sure she plays a completely different character. Lisbeth's dragon tattoo is really intense and way bigger than I pictured when I read the book. It's probably also because the British version of the book, (which was the version I read), has a smaller dragon tattoo too.
Source: google.com via Jae on Pinterest
It's amazing to watch Lisbeth's transformation from a gothic, introverted creature to an intelligent, misunderstood and strange beauty. I didn't really understand how beautiful she was when I read the book. She's intriguing and powerful. I do think it's interesting that the movie chose to have Lisbeth given Mikael the Wennerstrom information instead of Henrik Vanger.

I cannot wait to see the American version of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" with Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig. Hopefully, my cousin Katy, will see it with me soon!



No comments:

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share