Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas countdown questions

I saw this over at the Think Happy Thoughts blog and had to share!

Do you prefere wrapping paper, or gift bags? I like the idea of wrapping but sometimes, I'm a little too impatient to be precise. Here's an example of my best work!
I have to admit, if I'm feeling lazy, or in a hurry, I use pretty tissue paper and gift bags. If I'm giving a gift to a gift wrapping professional, i.e. my best friend from college, I try harder. 

Do you have a real tree or an artificial one? I love the smell of evergreens, but our kitties like to eat and climb real trees too much. Other than the evergreen scent, the fake tree has all the benefits of a real tree and none of the downfalls. It's easy to store/clean up, and very portable. We've had it for three years and it looks great every year. If we ever move, we may "gift" it to some one. It's so practical. (Although, I fully admit there is a special magic around picking a real live tree...but this one will live forever!)

When do you put up the tree? As as possible, after Thanksgiving. The kitties practically beg for their decorated heater and velvet tree skirt to be set up!

When do you take the tree down? Typically in the middle of January, we take the tree down. This gives the kitties a full month to appreciate their tree and we've recovered from vacation.

Do you like eggnog? I like a glass of half eggnog and half skim milk. The spices are sometimes too intense for me!

What was your favorite gift received as a child? One year, Santa brought my sisters and me two ponies! This was hands down my favorite gift as a child.

Who is the hardest person to buy for? I never have trouble finding presents for everyone...usually too many!

Do you have a nativity scene? No, my grandmother, Tootie, usually has that covered.


Do you mail or email Christmas cards? I ADORE designing Christmas cards on Snapfish, Shutterfly, and Kodak Gallery. I had the awesome 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly this year and it made my holiday season! (Sorry I redacted the personal information!)

What is your favorite Christmas movie? Holiday Inn and White Christmas are my absolute favorite Christmas movies. Holiday InnWhite Christmas This is one of my favorite scenes from "Holiday Inn":


When do you start shopping for Christmas? I usually start scouting items in October!

Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Maybe

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Stuffing, Christmas cookies, fudge, strudel, all Christmas sweets...

Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? The tree comes with clear lights, but growing up we had these multi-colored bubble lights. I miss those, but they were messy.

Favorite Christmas song? Most Bing Crosby music, and anything from Holiday Inn. (Even the Abraham song makes me laugh because it's so dated!)

Travel at Christmas or stay home? We alternate between Seattle and St. Louis, but we make a point to go to Hawaii over New Year's every year possible!

Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? DUH!!

Angel, star, or ribbon at the top of the tree? Anything, we've had a silver, oblong start for the last three years.

Open present Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? My sisters and I would open one gift on Christmas Eve and then wait for Santa to come in the more with more presents!

Favorite children's Christmas song? Rudolph the red nosed reindeer

Most annoying thing about this time of year? I love the snow but when it does snow in Seattle, the whole city shuts down. This happens every other year...

Favorite ornament theme or color? Whatever floats your boat.

Turkey or ham on Christmas day? BOTH! I love honey ham and turkey with mashed potatoes!

What do you want for Christmas this year? An endless supply of Anthropologie gift cards? I'm pretty happy with what I have currently...

Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa? No, but we used to get notes from Santa when we were kids.

What age did you discover who Santa really was? I'm not sure I remember. We kept believing as long as my littlest sister did, I think.

Egg nog, hot chocolate, or apple cider? I prefer wine, actually. Hot chocolate, if I'm pressed.

Do you prefer the traditional colors (red & green) or other colors? Mmm, I like all colors. This year I went for wrapping paper and ribbon in only red and green. The last few years I had silver paper with blue Christmas trees with red ribbon.

Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof? My Mom used to put lighted icicles on our house, but Mr. F and I live in a condo and can't get to the roof to decorate.

How does Santa get into your house? Chimney or magic key? Why Santa Claus always came down the chimney, of course!

Do you prefer gifts or gift cards? I like gifts!! It doesn't matter what they are, to me!

Favorite children's Christmas cartoon? I guess, Rudolph, but we were always watching Holiday Inn and White Christmas when I was growing up! Who doesn't love the song, "Sisters"?




1 comment:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I LOVE tearing into beautifully wrapped packages! And my sister and I used to put on "shows" with that song!

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    Blog Archive

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share