Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Chocolate



There are no words for how amazing each of these chocolates taste. You need to try them yourself to understand their perfection. Mr. F and I found the Cadeaux chocolates at our favorite wine shop in Ballard, Portalis. A wonderful and sweet coworker gave me the Theo's chocolates for Valentine's. The vanilla caramel dipped in bittersweet with fleur de sel by Cadeaux Chocolates is my husband's favorite, but I adore the Rose Salted Caramel by Theo's Chocolates. The Cadeaux chocolate carmel was a delicate balance of salty carmel and chocolate. The Rose salted carmel by Theo's was instantly salted carmel followed by an insurgence of rose water. Both chocolates make me want to try more from these chocolatiers!  
Have you ever been on a chocolate factory tour? Theo's chocolates has PUBLIC TOURS DAILY [Monday - Friday at 2pm & 4pm. Saturday & Sunday at 10am, noon, 2pm and 4pm. Tours are $6 per person, ages 1 and older.] 


Once upon a time I visited the Baci chocolate factory in Perguia, Italy. The factory is actually called "Stabilimento (chocolate factory) Nestl", because Nestle purchased Perugina some years ago. One of the first things you notice is amazing smell of chocolate permeating the air. When you walk into the building, on the reception/sales desk, sits a silver tray loaded with Baci and other Perugina candy. It's also all you can eat!!!

3 comments:

That Girl in Pearls said...

I like to think I have pretty strong willpower... except when it comes to chocolate and shopping!! Thanks for the sweet comments :) I Love your blog title!! So original!

Beatriz.
thatgirlinpearls.com

KW said...

Um. My mouth. is. watering.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Mmmmmmm. I could live on salted caramels!

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    Blog Archive

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share