Saturday, September 24, 2011

We're in Seattle and hopefully homesick

We flew in over Seattle and our hearts soared seeing Mt. Rainer. Everything here is so green and clean. Lake Washington, Lake Union and Puget Sound were sparkling as we circled the city before landing. 

We drove over the Alaskan Way Viaduct and we swooned over the ferries. It is breathtaking to see the Olympic Mountains again.

It is surreal being back in our old condo in Seattle. My sister has been staying there but there are still many of our old touches and furnishings that make us nostalgic. For example, simple hallway light fixtures made Mr. F and I sigh, remembering when we installed them. We love Chicago and the new friends we've made, but we want to be back in Seattle, especially now that we're visiting it again, for the first time in six months.

Wandering through our old home, with my sister's touches, makes us feel like we're in an alternate reality, or a dream. The kitties did not travel with us, so everything is a little off, two key pieces are missing.

We already checked off one of our favorite Seattle activities, Saturday wine tasting, specifically at Esquin and McCarthy & Schiering. We tried the fall line up for Buty (pronounced Beauty) and the Beast. We purchased the Wildebeast, Buty's Connor Lee Chardonnay,  Reynvaan's Contender, Gormon's Albatross and the Evil Twin. Yes, we are wine nerds.

I am now drinking a Seattle beer (Pyramid's Apricot Ale) looking out towards Ballard and Magnolia, enjoying the gorgeous, sunny 73 degree weather. It's suppose to rain the rest of the week, but I'm looking forward to it.


No comments:

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:


Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True

    Gussy

    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share